Kleiber Motor Company
Kleiber Motor Company , previously Kleiber & Company and Kleiber Motor Truck Company , was an American manufacturer of motor vehicles .
Paul Kleiber moved in the 1890s from Alsace-Lorraine in the United States. There he experimented with automobiles . At the beginning of the 20th century, he sold commercial vehicles of the Gramm Motor Truck Company . In November 1913 he founded his own vehicle manufacturing company. This was the Kleiber & Company based in San Francisco , California . He made 1914 Commercial Vehicles brand Kleiber .
In 1919 the name changed to Kleiber Motor Truck Company . Between 1924 and 1929 they also produced passenger cars, which were also marketed as Kleiber .
In 1929 it became the Kleiber Motor Company . At the time, there was a connection to the Studebaker Corporation . With the death of Kleiber in 1938, the company was dissolved.
The trucks had between 0.5 and 10 tons payload .
The cars on offer the Six model. A six-cylinder engine from Continental Motors Company with 60 horsepower powered the vehicles. The chassis had first 325 cm wheelbase and from 1927 310 cm wheelbase. From 1924 to 1925, the body choice was between a five-seater touring car , a California Top touring car with five seats, a four-seater coach , and a five-seater sedan . In 1926 came coupe with four seats and Broughamwith five seats too. From 1927 there was a standard touring car with five seats, California Top touring car with five and seven seats, coupe with four seats and coach, brougham and sedan with five seats.For 1929 two copies of a prototype with a series eight - cylinder engine from Continental.
Standard touring car 5-seater, California touring car 5-seater and 7-seater, Coupe 4-seater, Coach 5-star, Brougham 5-seater, Sedan 5-seater
Automotive manufacturer of San Francisco , California United States from 1913 to 1938.