Holtzer-Cabot Electric Company
Automotive manufacturer of Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America from 1892 to 1895.
Holtzer-Cabot Electric Company was an early American company of electrical engineering and electric cars.
The Holtzer Company was founded in 1875 by Charles W. Holtzer came from Karlsruhe. The company was active in the field of electrical engineering. Between 1880 and 1889, the name of Seth W. Fuller & Holtzer was Seth W. Fuller as his partner. 1888, George E. Cabot. The company name changed to Fuller, Holtzer & Company. 1889 Fuller got out. The now chosen Holtzer-Cabot Electric Company remained for decades.
Between 1892 and 1895 two automobiles were created. The brand name was Holtzer-Cabot. In 1911 a fire destroyed the factory. 1915, the company moved to Jamaica Plain, a district of Boston. Both vehicles were electric cars. The first vehicle was built in 1892. The electric motor made 5 PS. Many parts came from London the open body offered space for four or eight persons. Noteworthy was the use of a steering wheel. The second vehicle was manufactured in 1895. The engine made 7.5 hp. Chauncey Thomas & Company made the bodywork, which was designed again for six to seven people. The empty weight was given as 2313 kg. The top speed was 24 km/h.