Falls Motors Corporation
Falls Motors Corporation, previously the Falls Machine Company, was an American manufacturer of engines and automobiles. The brand name was Falls.
The Falls Machine Company was founded in 1901 in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. At first, they produced milling machines and other machines for woodworking. From 1908, a single-cylinder engine was developed, which was used as an industrial engine or for agricultural purposes. Montgomery Ward was a bulk buyer. A few years later, petrol engines for automobiles were added.
The company was renamed Falls Motors Corporation. The previous production area was transferred to the Jenkins Machinery Company. The engines were supplied to various car manufacturers who did not produce engines themselves. 1921 and 1924 were also some automobiles. Since many small automakers had to give up in the 1920s, the business was declining. At the end of 1924, everything was sold, including the factory building at Jenkins.
Until 1923, only four- and six-cylinder engines. In 1923, an eight-cylinder in - line engine was introduced.
The Roadster vehicles of 1921 had a revised chassis of Elgin Motors and its own engine. 1924 was a vehicle with its own eight-cylinder engine. Before the Second World War, it was converted in to a race car.