Automotive manufacturer of Mineral City , Ohio , USA From 1968 to 1970.
Banjo Corporation is an American company.It has manufactured automobiles and kit cars from 1968 to 1970, The brand name was Banjo .
The company was founded on April 28, 1969. It is based in Mineral City , Tuscarawas County , Ohio .involved were initially John E. Finley, William B. Phillips and E. Lee Price. vehicles. Marilyn S. Domer from New Philadelphia in the same county has held the post of agent since July 22, 1998. Morris Domer is president. In the past.
The car model was the Banjo GT . The BANJO fiberglass bodies are the end product Of several years of extensive design work and experiments in aerodynamics by William Bruce Phillips, chief designer for BANJO Corporation.The BANJO body was designed as a home for the large American V-8s at a nearly mid engine configuration.
The coupe was relatively flat with only a 109 cm height. a roadster also avaliable, the 254 cm wheelbase chassis frame is from the tried and proven 55 - 57 Chevy with several modifications, and weighs about 1400 lbs. less than the original Chevrolet . It was designed to accommodate various V8 engines from American manufacturers.
Total cars built is only eleven coupes and roadsters .