Mercedes-Benz M 130 Petrol engine
|Style:||Six-cylinder - inline engine|
|Combustion principle:||gasoline engine|
|Displacement:||2.8 liters (2778 cc)|
|Previous model:||M 108 / 129|
The Mercedes-Benz M130 is a six-cylinder in - line engine gasoline engine with 2.8 liter displacement from Daimler-Benz, which was produced from 1967 to 1980.
The type was of the 2.5-liter engines M 108 / 129 (with the carburetor or intake manifold injection derived) and had instead of the paired cylinder arrangement a uniform distance between cylinders. By eliminating the continuous water jackets between the three pairs of cylinders (there was only a slot in the upper area, which was sufficient for cooling), with the same length of the engine block, the bore could be increased from 82 to 86.5 mm. The stroke remained at 78.8 mm, as with the M 108/129.
The mixture preparation was carried out either by mechanical Bosch intake manifold injection or by two Zenith - downdraft - register carburetor and made 140 or 160 hp in the normal case. On the models Mercedes-Benz 280 SL ("Pagode") and 300 SEL 2.8 , the performance was increased to 170 hp by using a camshaft with longer valve opening times and adjusting the injection pump.
Due to stricter emissions regulations in the US, there was also a lower-compression version, in which the ignition was withdrawn. Both measures led to better emissions, but also to higher consumption.
The successor M 110 with DOHC valve control appeared in 1972; in the Unimog 404 , the M 130 was still used until 1980.
- Six-cylinder in-line engine; Engine block from cast iron ; Cylinder head made of aluminum alloy
- Crankshaft with seven main bearings
- OHC valve control : a camshaft in the cylinder head; two valves per cylinder;
- Mechanical Bosch 6-piston injection pump with map control or two downdraft - Register carburettor
Zenith 35/40 INAT with automatic start
- Compression ratio : 9.5: 1 (280SE) and 9.0: 1 (280S)
Bore and stroke: 86.5 mm × 78.8 mm; Displacement: 2778 cc:
|model||construction time||model||engine number||compression||Power |
Nm / rev.
|280 S sedan||1967-72||108016||M130.920 V||9.0||140||228/3600|
|280 SE sedan||1968-72||108018||M130.980 E||9.5||160||245/4250|
|280 SE Coupe / Cab.||1967-71||111 024/5||M130.980 E||9.5||160||245/4250|
|280 SL||1968-71||113044||M130.983 E||9.5||170||245/4500|
|250 2.8||1970-73||114011||M130.923 V||8.7||130||220/3200|
|300 SEL 2.8||1968-70||109016||M130.981 E||9.5||170||245/4500|
|Unimog||1971-80||404,012 / 3||M130.925 V||7.8||110|
|280 SE (C) / SL||1968-72||div.||M130.984 E||7.8||140||218/4000|
- Mercedes-Benz 280 SE sedan (W108, "old S-Class", 1967-1972)
- Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 2.8 (W109, "old S-Class", 1968-1970)
- Mercedes-Benz 280 SE Coupe / Convertible (W111C, 1967-1971)
- Mercedes-Benz 280 SL (W113 "Pagoda", 1968-1971)
- Mercedes-Benz 250 2.8 (W114, "Stabacht", 1970-1973)
- Unimog 404 (Series U404.0)