AAG was the brand name of a German automobile company which offered only one car, a 5 hp (4 kW) voiturette designed by one Professor Klingenberg and manufactured between 1900 and 1901. The company factory was bought by the politician Emil Rathenau, also the head of the AEG Group. He renamed it to the Neue Automobil Gesellschaft (NAG for short), and the company produced cars until 1934.
The company of Berlin reported on 28 November 1899 a trademark for the name AAG, which was registered on 8 February 1900's. Also in 1900 began the production of automobiles. The brand name was AAG . In addition to the production of an own model, AAG also expelled motorized tricycles and electric cars from other manufacturers. 1901 ended the production. The General Electric Company took over the company and founded the National Automobile Company.
Georg Klingenberg constructed the only model that was also called Klingenberg-Car. It was a small car with a cylinder engine and 5 PS performance.
The two to three-seat car had a tubular steel frame and four pneumatic wheels. The single cylinder four-stroke engine was installed along with two flywheels, clutches, a two-stage gearbox and the differential in a common aluminum housing on the underbody of the vehicle. A similar construction of engine and transmission in a common housing can be found again decades later in motorcycle construction.
The car was operated with a single "driving lever", which was located on the steering column. When starting the lever was pulled all the way down the back. If you pushed it a little forward, the brakes released, the clutches were closed and the car started. The Klingenberg car reached speeds of up to 50 km / h depending on the ratio. A successor was built in 1901 at the NAG as NAG-Klingenberg .