Champion Wagon Company
vehicles manufacturer of Owego , New York , USA. From 1902 to 1921.
Champion Wagon Company was an American manufacturer of wagons and later motor vehicles .
The company was founded in 1888 in Owego , New York . As predecessor company Gere, Truman Platt and Company, whose factory including equipment in the year was destroyed by a fire. JC Dwelle was President, WS Truman Vice President, El Ringrove Secretary and Theodore Gere Treasurer and Factory Manager. They mainly manufactured wagon carts and then commercial vehicles .
In 1902, a few passenger cars were also built . The brand name was Champion . In 1911, the company got into trouble and 1913 was followed by bankruptcy .As a result, AC Barker from New York City invested in the company. In 1921 it was finally dissolved.
The cars were convertible and could also be used for utility purposes. Of these, three vehicles, of which one still exists. Some of the trucks had an electric motor and were delivered to the United States Express Company . Later emerged bodies for commercial vehicles based on the Ford Model T and other chassis .
There were no links to Champion Auto Equipment Company and Champion Motors Corporation , which used the same brand name.