Ahrens-Fox Fire Engine Company
Automotive manufacturer of Cincinnati , Ohio United States from 1910 to 1977.
Ahrens-Fox Fire Engine Company was an American manufacturer of motor vehicles and Fire Engines . The brand name was Ahrens-Fox .
John P. Ahrens and Charles P. Fox founded the company in the early 1900s in Cincinnati , Ohio . They started with the production of fire department accessories. Initially, these were steam pumps that were pulled by horses. Later motor vehicles and fire engines were added. In 1913, passenger cars were also built . Planned group of buyers were the boards of fire departments. In the end, all six vehicles went to the Cincinnati Fire Department .
The company's first motor fire engine, with 80hp 6-cyl Herschell-Spillman engine and 2-cyl 750gpm pump, was supplied in 1912 connected to an electric front-wheel drive unit. In 1915 a new pumper with a distinctive 4-cyl double-acting pump surmounted by a spherical brass air chamber located ahead of the engine made identification of Ahrens-Fox appliances simple until 1951.
The only car model was the model EC Battalion Roadster as a roadster . A six-cylinder engine with 44 hp powered the rear axle via a four-speed gearbox. The maximum speed was specified at 80 km / h.
Models continuing until 1956 when a new design, with the cab mounted forward of the front axle, was announced.1977 ended production. Later all assets sold out to Mack Trucks Inc.The brand name is used by HME Incorporated .