Peugeot Citroën PSA TUD engine
The PSA -TUD engines are a series of small four-cylinder in - line engines used in various Peugeot and Citroën cars.The engine was also used in the Rover Metro. Also the diesel versions of the second generation of the Nissan Micra and the Lada Samara in Europe also had this diesel engine.
The TUD was the diesel variant. Peugeot first used the cylinder housings of the TU3 with 1360 cc (bore 75 mm, stroke 77 mm) and named it TUD3, but in 1994 the displacement was increased from 1360cc to 1527 cc with a bore of 77 mm and a stroke of 82 mm and the engine was then Renamed TUD5.
It was available with a Bosch or Lucas injection pump. It was installed in some small car models of the PSA Group (AX, Saxo, 106) and was also sold to other car manufacturers who did not have small diesel engines. Form 1993 until the end of production in 1998,
The engine badge contains the following information:
- The fuel used, which is indicated by the first two or three letters: TU (petrol) or TUD (diesel).
- The first number indicates the hundredth position of the cubic capacity : TUD3 thus stands for diesel engine 1 3 60 cc.
The remaining letters or numbers in the sequence give additional hints:
- M indicates that the fuel of an electronic Monopoint - intake manifold with (single injector) is injected.
- C shows an electronic ignition without distributor . ("Dormant" ignition system)
- F indicates that the engine block is made of cast iron.
- A is a change (A for "improved") of an earlier version.
- S is a sporty variant with a higher performance than the base engine.
- J indicates that the fuel is supplied via a multi-port electronic fuel injection system with four injectors (one per cylinder). J immediately followed by a 2 ("J2") shows two valves per cylinder (eight in total), followed by a 4 ( "D4" or "JP4" ), this indicates the presence of 16 valves (four per cylinder).
- P stands for a controlled carburetor .
- 2 or 0.2 shows a carburetor with two throttle valves .
- 4 or 0.4 shows a double carburetor .
- TR shows a version with a reduced compression ratio .
- K means "without catalyst ".
- Z means "with catalyst".
The TUD engine was only used in the following eleven models below, seven of which were not from the PSA Group:
- Peugeot : 106 .
- Citroën : AX and Saxo .
- Nissan : Micra .
- Maruti Suzuki : Zen D and Esteem D.
- IKCO : Samand .
- Proton : Tiara .
- Rover : 114D and Mini Metro 100.
- Lada : Samara .
|TUD3||37 kW (50 hp)||Peugeot 106
Rover 114 D
|TUD5||42 kW (57 hp)||catalyst||Peugeot 106