Automotive manufacturer Kaiserslautern Germany from 1900 to 1903
Pfälzische Nähmaschinen und Fahrradfabrik Former Gebrüder Kayser AG (sewing machines and bicycle factory) was an early German manufacturer of automobiles. The brand name was initially Kayser then Primus.
The company from Kaiserslautern began with sewing machines and had a Bicycle factory in 1890.By 1899 with the production of automobiles. From 1902 Primus. The company introduced in 1901 on a motor show in Frankfurt and in March 1903 on the German Automobile Exhibition in Berlin.
The four-wheeled model under this brand name was the model, Primus. This was a small car. For the drive provided a single-cylinder engine with 5 hp, which was mounted lying in front of the vehicle. The vehicle had thermosiphon cooling, electric ignition, a three-speed gearbox and chain drive. The open body could accommodate two people. In addition, 3-wheel motor tricycles were created. The previous model was offered from 1902 under the brand Primus and the model’s name Doctor Car. As for the engine, there was no difference. It followed a model with two-cylinder engine and one with four-cylinder engine.
By 1903 ended the automobile production.