2005 to 2010
Body versions :
Gasoline : 4.4 liters (350 kW)
Curb weight :
The Cadillac STS-V is a high-performance sedan that produced the Cadillac Division of General Motors between 2005 and 2010.
The STS-V was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January 2005. Cadillac gave the public a further impression of the STS-V in its advertising for the American Super Bowl , which aired for the first time on February 6 of 2005. The car appeared with an acceleration of 0-100 km / h in 4.9-5.1 s. As from the end of 2005 you could then buy it.
The STS-V has the 4.4-liter version of the GM Northstar V8 engine, which delivers 350 kW (469 hp) and has a torque of 595 Nm. This motor derives its power on to an adjustable on the driver automatic transmission with two driving programs. The car has larger Brembo brakes over the STS , larger 10-spoke alloy wheels (8.5 "x 18" front and 9.5 "x 19" rear), Pirelli runflat tires , more direct steering and a harder, self-regulating suspension up to 1000 times per second with magnetorheological shock absorbers (MRC, Magnetic Ride Control). Engine block and cylinder head are made of aluminum, whichCast iron camshaft and forged steel crankshaft . All four wheels are individually suspended and there are four settings for ESP and stability control.
The most visible difference to the normal STS is the grid-like grille.In addition to the radiator grille, the STS-V differs from the front in the bumper, the fog lamps / indicators and the hood ( fiberglass , with a light scoop above the compressor).The rear bumper is different than the STS; It has a grid insert at the bottom made of the same material as the grille. The rear spoiler is higher and wider and carries a third brake light.Inside, the STS-V improved leather and suede features of the German manufacturer "Dräxlmaier" by the equipment of the Maybach 57 and 62 is known. As interior colors are ebony and gray available, which are also available in the normal STS, as well as a two-color combination ebony / tangorot, which exists only in the STS-V.
The STS-V was discontinued one year before the STS, with no successor. During production, there were small changes in the interior and the curb weight of the vehicle, as well as a facelift in 2008. The car cost almost 80,000 US $.
Cadillac STS-V Technical details and specifications (2005-2010)
- Transmission : Rear Wheel Drive
- Gearbox: automatic 6 gear
- Tires : 255/45/18 Front - 275/40/19 Rear
- Brakes Front : Ventilated discs (355mm) 4 piston fixed calipers
- Brakes Rear : Ventilated discs (365mm) 4 piston fixed calipers
- Dimensions : 197.6 x 72.6 x 58.2 inches
- Wheelbase : 116.4 inches - Track : Front 66 inches I Rear 61.9 inches
- Weight claimed : 1948 kg/ 4295 1b (DIN) 2023 kg
- Weight (EU) : 2073 kg 14570 1b
- Weight/Power ratio : 4.4 kg/PS = 9.7 lbs/hp = 169 kW/T
- Torque/Weight ratio : 287 Nm/T
- Longitudinal Front Engine 8 cylinders in V 4371 cm3 32 valves multiple injection Supercharger
- Power : 476 PS (350 kW 1469 bhp) at 6400 rpm (Max rev 6700 rpm)
- Torque : 595 Nm (60.7 mkg / 439 lb-ft) at 3900 rpm 330 PS)
- Ratios : 109 PSIL (80 - 136 Nm/L
- Displacement: 4371 cc
- Max. Power: 350 kW (469 hp) at 6400 rpm
- Max. Torque: 595 Nm at 3900 rpm
- Speed limitation: 6700 rpm
- Compression ratio: 9.0: 1
- Fuel consumption: 14.3 l / 100 km (city) and 14.0 l / 100 km (highway)
- Acceleration, 0-100 km / h: 4.8 s
- Quarter mile: 13.1 s
Maintenance Advanced Data
Members Only ! >> Register here. <<
Models and years covered 1910 to around 2020 all make and years. Car and Commercial vehicles Worldwide including basic to advanced.
Including Below on request for members..
- Engine rebuilds
- Manufacturer recall checks
- Known problems
- Trouble shooting
- Wiring diagrams
- Transmission rebuilds
- Wheel alignment data
- Dimensions and sizes
- Torque wrench settings
- Injection systems
- Cooling system
- Serial number locations