AW Dougill & Co. Ltd.
Automotive manufacturer of Leeds;United Kingdom From 1896 to 1907.
AW Dougill & Co. Ltd. was a early British manufacturer of automobiles that built motor cars,and commercial vehicles . As Dougill,Loidis and Frick,
The company from Leeds began in 1896 with the production of automobiles. The brand names were Dougill , Loidis and Frick . In 1907 the production ended.
Brand Name Dougill .Between 1896 and 1898, the company produced several prototypes . The engines were mounted in the rear and drove a belt on a belt and from there via a chain the rear axle. In 1899, Dougill made a few copies of the Lawson Motor Wheel for Harry Lawson. This was a drive unit with engine, tires, tank and brake, with which non-motorized vehicles could be motorized. The low engine power of 3 hp was only enough for lightweight two-seater. Dougill made some tricycles.
Brand Name Loidis .Loidis were called vehicles, which originated between 1900 and 1904. Two models were on offer. In the smaller model drove a single-cylinder engine from De Dion-Bouton with 6 hp power to the vehicles. In the larger model came a two-cylinder engine of Aster with 1,703 cc displacement and 9 hp used. The transmission came from the Fafnir works .
Brand name Frick .Cars were built under this brand name between 1904 and 1906 and commercial vehicles until 1907 . The smallest model was 7 HP 1904 or 1906 presented. A single-cylinder engine with 1099 cc capacity was associated with a friction by patent of Mason Union . The engine power was finally transmitted via a chain to the rear axle. The wheelbase was 1829 mm.
Medium model was the 8/12 HP , 1905 or 1906 presented. a two-cylinder engine with the same cylinder dimensions had 2199 cc of displacement. With 2057 to 2438 mm wheelbase, the vehicle was also larger in size.
There was 1906 the 12/18 HP . Its three-cylinder engine also had the same cylinder dimensions, ie 3299 cc. The wheelbase was 2667 mm.