Honda B17A1 VTEC engine
The Honda B17 engine is built as a VTEC engine in Integra GS-R cars from Honda . The displacement is 1,678 cc (1.6) .The production was only from 1992 and ended in 1993.
The VTEC variable valve timing and lift system, with a redline of 8,000 rpm,this was the first DOHC VTEC B series to be marketed in North America as export only.and was not available in Japan.It came equipped with the YS1 cable shift transmission, which was different from other cable B-series YS1 transmissions as it has a different input shaft and a shorter final drive. A rare car and engine with as few as 4 thousand built.
- Found in: 1992–1993 Integra GS-R (USDM VTEC Model VIN DB2)
- Displacement: 1,678 cc (102.4 cu in)
- Bore: 81 mm (3.189 in)
- Stroke: 81.4 mm (3.205 in)
- Rod/Stroke Ratio: 1.63
- Rod Length: 132.28 mm (5.208 in)
- Compression: 9.7:1
- VTEC engagement; VTEC Solenoid Engagement @ 5750
- Power: 160 bhp (119 kW) @ 7600 rpm & 117 lb⋅ft (159 N⋅m) @ 7000 rpm
- Redline: 8000
- Fuel Cutoff: 8250rpm
|code||capacity||Bore × stroke||compression||kW (hp) / 1 / min||Nm / 1 / min||transmission||VTEC||Installed in:|
|B17A1||1678 cc||81.0 × 81.4 mm||9.7: 1||120 (160) / 7600||159/7000||YS-1 (1)||Yes||
1 New cable-shift transmission, which differs from the other B-transmissions by another input shaft!