Lewis Motor Vehicle Company
Lewis Motor Vehicle Company was an American manufacturer of automobiles . The brand name was Lewis .
George W. Lewis of Chicago in Illinois had already built in 1894 an automobile, with which he participated in 1895 at the Chicago Times-Herald Contest . There he won a prize for his friction gear . He then produced gasoline engines, which he offered to other car manufacturers. They were single-cylinder engines with 2 to 5 hp . One of them drove the Brown Touring Cart .
In 1899 Lewis founded the new company for vehicle production. The seat was in Philadelphia in Pennsylvania . The production of automobiles ran from 1899 to 1900. Overall, only a few vehicles.The model had a single-cylinder engine with 3 hp. The setup was a runabout . It was steered with a steering lever.
There were no links to the Lewis Cycle Company and the LPC Motor Company , which later used the same brand name.
Automotive manufacturer of Philadelphia , Pennsylvania;United States of America from 1899 to 1900.