Lane Light Car Manufacturing Company
Lane Light Car Manufacturing Company was an American manufacturer of automobiles only in 1915.The brand name was Lane .
Theodore F. Lane had already manufactured vehicles in 1914 with the Wichita Falls Motor Company . He founded the new company in Wichita Falls , Texas in 1915 and continued production. In the same year the production ended. Overall, only a few vehicles.
The only model was called a light car . It was an evolution of the Wichita Falls , which was still called Cyclecar . An air-cooled two-cylinder engine from the Spacke Machine & Tool Company propelled the vehicles. 88.9 mm bore and 93.218 mm stroke gave 1157 cc displacement . The engine powered via a planetary gear and belt to the rear axle. The chassis had 274 cm wheelbase and 112 cm gauge . The Curb weight was stated at around 454 kg.
There was no connection to the Lane Motor Vehicle Company , which used the same brand name a few years earlier.
Automotive manufacturer of Wichita Falls , Texas.United States of America from 1915.