Kent Motors Company
Kent Motors Company was an American manufacturer of automobiles in the 1910s .
The Kent Motors Corporation was a dealership in New York City . Specialty was the export to Latin America . For 1916 the entry into the own automobile production was planned. For this purpose, the Kent Motors Company was founded in September 1916 in Newark , New Jersey .
The founders included FH Clarke, HF Clarke, RJ Cosgrove, Lloyd H. Foster, Wallace A. Hood, FJ Nagel, and JH Simpson. A piece of land on the Passaic River in nearby Belleville was purchased for the construction of a factory. In October 1916 began the production of automobiles. The brand name was Kent . From January 1917 shares in the company were sold. In May 1917, bankruptcy ensued . This ended the production. Some persons of the management were indicted for fraud in July 1917 and sentenced in November 1917.
Kent Motors Company chassis 1917
The offer was a choice of five-seater touring cars and four-seater Club Roadsters for $985. It had a four-cylinder engine from Continental Motors Company with 40 hp . The chassis had 295 cm wheelbase .
Kent Club Roadster four passenger
Automotive manufacturer of Newark , New Jersey.United States from 1916 to 1917.