Kellison Engineering and Manufacturing
Kellison was an American car brand from the late 1950s to the early 1970s of kit car and replicas .
Jim Kellison founded in 1959 the company Kellison Engineering and Manufacturing in Folsom , California . He began with the production of cars and kit cars .The brand name was Kellison .1969, Jim Kellison left or joined the company and later founded Kelmark Engineering . Kellison Inc. of Lincoln continued the production under the brand name until 1972.
The first model J-4 was a low body car with 990 mm height. The chassis of the coupe had a wheelbase of 2487 mm.
The following Roadster J-2 had a longer chassis of an American manufacturer. The Roadster K-2 on a VW chassis and the Coupe K-3 on a MG chassis were shorter again.
In the 1960s, J-2 and J-4 were renamed Panther . Later, VW buggies followed .
Kellison made one of the first replicas of the Ford GT 40 . The choice was a special monocoque for V8 engines , but also the chassis of the VW Beetle .
Also created were replicas of Corvette , Jaguar D-Type , Jaguar E-Type and Lotus Elite and Hot Rods .