Jones Motor Car Company
Jones Motor Car Company was an American manufacturer of motor vehicles in the 1910s.
John J. Jones had become rich as a car dealer for Ford . He founded in 1914 in Wichita , Kansas, the company for its own vehicle production. He produced passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The brand name was Jones . At times 985 employees were employed. On February 20, 1920, a fire destroyed two of the five buildings of the plant as well as 14 complete vehicles and 50 to 100 bodies. The post-war recession was aggravated. In August 1920, the bankruptcy began .
All vehicles had a six-cylinder engine from the Continental Motors Company . From 1914 to 1915 111.125 mm stroke 3848 cc engine capacity . The engine was specified with 21.6 HP . The chassis had 300 cm wheelbase . The only structure was a touring car with five seats. In 1916 there were no changes.
1917 appeared the 29 HP . His engine was stated with 29 hp. The wheelbase was extended to 318 cm. The five-seat touring car joined a two-seater roadster and a five-seat touring sedan.
In 1918 there were the touring car with five seats, a roadster with four seats, a sedan with seven seats and a Victoria with four seats.
From 1919, the engine power was given as 29.6 hp. The wheelbase was now 320 cm. Roadster and Speedster with four seats each and a touring car with seven seats have been handed down. Special feature was an Oil Field Special , a mix of roadster and pick-up .
In 1920, touring cars were available with five and seven seats, Victoria with five and seven seats, roadster with two and five seats, Speedster with four seats and the Oil Field Roadster .