Imperial Motor Car Company (Pennsylvania)
N. Burrows Bubb opened a repair shop in Williamsport , Pennsylvania , in October 1905 . In November 1905, his sons Harry A. and Nathan B. rented the property, founded Williamsport Automobile Exchange, and operated as a dealership . They distributed vehicles from Premier , Reo and White . At the end of 1906 work began on a prototype that was ready to go in the spring of 1907. Constructor was the Dutchman CP Van Ferls, who was also manager in the dealership.
The Williamsport Engineering Company was formed to ensure the financing of the prototype. Harry B. Bubb, the uncle of the brothers, was president.
These two companies were merged into the new company on August 6, 1907. In October 1907, five vehicles were on the New York Automobile Show . The brand name was Imperial . The economic crisis did not spare the company. On September 4, 1908, the bankruptcy began . In total, about 50 vehicles were created.
A special feature was the chassis made of 24 point carbon steel with double drop construction, which allowed a low center of gravity. A four-cylinder engine from Milwaukee with 35 hp powered via a propeller shaft to the rear axle. The wheelbase was 274 cm. The choice was a two-seat roadster for $ 2500 and a four-seat roadster for $ 2650 shown here.