Edwards Knight (Edwards Motor Car Company)
Edwards Motor Car Company was an American manufacturer of automobiles in the 1910s .
HJ Edwards and CG Stoddard had already worked together at Stoddard-Dayton and United States Motor Company . They founded the company in February 1912. The plant in Long Island City in New York City . They began in December 1912 with the production of automobiles, which were marketed as Edwards Knight .
The cars on offer the Model 25 . It had a four-cylinder engine with 4500 cc displacement . Its motor came from Charles Yale Knight . Its engine power was given as 40/50 hp . Other features were the starter and parts of the suspension after patents of Frederick W. Lanchester . The chassis had 305 cm wheelbase . Avaliable as touring cars with four or five seats $3,500, Speedster with two seats $3,500, roadster with two seats also $3,500, saloon with seven seats and Landaulet and a more expensive limousine $4,600 with seven seats .
In October 1913, John North Willys of Willys-Overland acquired the company and its patents. This ended the production.