The Dayton Cyclecar Company was an American automaker of small cycle cars.
The company was based in Joliet, Illinois . 1914 vehicles were built there under the name Dayton . Founder of the company was William O. Dayton , who had already built automobiles under the name Reliable Dayton in Chicago from 1906-1909 .
Although the vehicles were referred to as cycle cars , but the capacity was above the limit of 1100 cc. The Dayton had a frame made of hickory wood, on which a roadster body was built with two consecutive seats (tandem arrangement) or a roadster body with two seats side by side. The car weight at 700Lbs was powered by a 18-hp (13.2 kW) four-cylinder inline engine from Spacke , whose power was transmitted to the rear via a friction-belt transmission and belt and 28" wheels.
The car was acclaimed as the ultimate in a cycle car - light and cheap, but very efficient, Theexpensive car demand does not seem to have been great, because in November 1914, production was stopped again
Dayton Model B Tandem Cyclecar
Automotive manufacturer of United States from 1914