Crown Motor Vehicle Company
The company was founded in early 1908 in Amesbury , Massachusetts . WA Shafer was president, who was previously dealer for vehicles of the Bartholomew Company . JR Graves was Secretary and Frank Dodge Treasurer. The production of automobiles took place in the same place in the factory of Graves & Congdon . The brand name was Crown . In 1910, Shafer retired. Then Graves & Congdon took over the company. The vehicles were then unofficially called Graves & Congdon .1910 ended the production.
The offer included highwheelers . Common to all vehicles was the air-cooled two-cylinder engine with 12 hp . He was mounted under the seat and drove chains on the rear axle. The chassis usually had 188 cm wheelbase , the special 203 cm wheelbase. The superstructures were two-seat runabouts .
There were no links to the Detroit Auto Vehicle Company and the Crown Motor Car Company , which used the same brand name.