Borland-Grannis Company was an American manufacturer of electric automobiles and trucks in the 1910s.
Bruce Borland took over in January 1912 the Ideal Electric Vehicle Company . UB Grannis was also involved. The company's headquarters were in Chicago , Illinois . In the same year began the production of automobiles. The brand name was Borland Eectrics . In 1914, it merged with the Argo Electric Vehicle Company and the Broc Electric Vehicle Company to American Electric Vehicle Company based in Saginaw , Michigan . Vehicles with the previous brand name originated there until 1916.
The offer was exclusively electric cars and trucks . The power of the electric motors. 160 km range were guaranteed.
In 1912 there were the models CD and SD , where CD stood for chain drive and SD for cardan drive . Chain drive was more expensive and was not offered in the following years. The wheelbase was 234 cm. The only bodywork was a brougham .
Model 41 Brougham car 1912
1913 were five models in the range. The Model 45 was a four-seat Colonial Coupe with 234 cm wheelbase. Model 41 and Model 50 were also four-seat coupes , but with 236 cm wheelbase. The Model 52 was wheeled on the same wheelbase as a two-seater roadster . The largest model was the Model 60 with 312 cm wheelbase and bodywork as Landaulet .
In 1914 there was a coupe with the Model 50 and with the Model 52 a roadster, both with 234 cm wheelbase. The Model 60 was now a sedan with 312 cm wheelbase.
From 1915 to 1916 the assortment was changed a bit. The Roadster was now called Model 56 , while the Coupe was further called Model 50 . Both had a chassis with 244 cm wheelbase. For the Limousine Model 60 are now also indicated 244 cm wheelbase.
Borland-Grannis electric truck 1912
Automotive manufacturer of Chicago , Illinois.United States from 1912 to 1914.