Allegheny Foundry Company
Automotive manufacturer of Warren , Pennsylvania , USA from 1904 to 1906.
Allegheny Foundry Company was an American foundry and manufacturer of automobiles in the early part of the 20th century.The brand name was Allegheny .
The company was based in Warren , Pennsylvania .a locomotive tank Car builder in 1904 began the production of automobiles. The designer was James A. Many. 1906 ended the production. In total, two vehicles were created.
The first vehicle had an air-cooled four-cylinder engine with 24 hp . Drive was transmitted to the rear axle via a planetary gearbox and a cardan shaft . The vehicle had left-hand drive . The body was that of a roadster . Many parts were made in smaller factories in Warren. The wooden wheels came from Salisbury , Jamestown, New York. The assembly took place in the Allegheny Foundry Company in December 1904.
In the winter of 1905/06, the second vehicle was built, bought by a resident of Warren. This time, the company produced the chassis and the engine itself. The four-cylinder engine was again air-cooled and made 68 hp. The open body of the touring car came from Buffalo in New York.