Taylor Dunn Manufacturing
Automotive manufacturer of Anaheim, California United States from 1949 on
The company was founded by Farmer RD Taylor . At the beginning, agricultural equipment was produced, including an electric cart for transporting chicken feed. There are several three- or four-wheeled, open electric cars produced. The tricycles always had a single front wheel and the rear axle was powered by a 36V engine. The engine power of both models was 1.84 kW . Six 6-V batteries with 170 Ah (or optionally also 217 Ah) donated the electrical energy.
The model R had two seats and a loading area. There were also versions with four seats. The tricycles had 1499 mm wheelbase and were 2515 mm long, in the four-wheeled wheelbase was 1524 mm and the total length 2591 mm.
With the three-wheeled model PG appeared 1955 for the first time a vehicle for passenger transport ( Neighborhood Electric Vehicle , NEV). A successor appeared in 1959 with the also three-wheeled, two-seat Trident which was optionally available with steering wheel or steering lever and with manual or foot control for acceleration and braking. The vehicle had a solid roof but no doors. As weather protection laterally waterproof textile inserts could be clipped on.
Today, the company manufactures a wide range of light vehicles that are mainly powered by electricity. Fields of application are predominantly plant areas and warehouses. Taylor-Dunn offers over 50 standard models and derived specials, called Customs . Potential applications of this are works fire brigades , ambulances , fuel trucks , special vans or wheelchair vans.
Most vehicles are not built for normal road traffic.
- Load carriers, industrial vehicles, minivans and trailers (electricity and petrol)
- Commercial vehicles and commercial carts
- Passenger transporters and trailers up to 12 seats
- Logistics vehicles
- Traction vehicles (electricity and petrol)
- Electric Pickup Truck
- PG ; Neighborhood Electric Vehicle
- Trident ; Neighborhood Electric Vehicle
- Huskey ; Traction vehicle with narrow gauge
- ET-3000 ; Mini transporter (pick-up)
- T-48 GT Taylor Truck ; smallest Transportation
- B-210 AMB GT ; Special version for first aid
- Tiger TC 50E ; Heavy goods truck in the industrial sector
- G-150 Burdenmaster ; Four-wheeled kart for goods or passenger transport. Payload 680 kg, open or closed
Automotive manufacturer of Anaheim, California United States from 1949 0n