Automotive manufacturer of Anderson, Indiana United States from 1914 to 1915.
The Real Cyclecar Company was an American automaker based in Anderson, Indiana . The company was founded by businessman Paul Prigg and built only in 1914 Cycle Cars . In 1915, the company moved to Converse (Indiana) , was renamed the Real Light Car Company and produced light vehicles.
The Real of 1914 was a particularly simple constructed cycle car, with a frame of fir wood with 2591 mm wheelbase and gauges of 914 mm or 1422 mm. The ground clearance was 381 mm. At the rear end was an air-cooled V2 engine by Wizard with a top speed of 50 mph , with 9 bhp (6.6 kW). The steel body was attached to the chassis with only two screws. The car was equipped with two consecutive seats. In the rear seat, two (lean) persons could find space next to each other. The Real cost only $ 290 as a roadster and $ 375 as a single-seat van.
The following year, the car received a slightly larger V2 engine with 13 bhp (9.6 kW) power and the wheelbase shrank to 2540 mm. In addition, a light vehicle of similar design was supplied, which was available only in standard gauge and with wooden spoked wheels and also cost US $ 375, -. The two-seat Roadster had a four-cylinder in-line engine, the 12 bhp (8.8 kW) delivered.
In December 1915, the company had to file for bankruptcy. Years later, Prigg turned to boatbuilding in Florida .
|Cyclecar||1914||2 V||9 bhp (6.6 kW)||2591 mm||Roadster 3 seats (tandem), van 1 seat|
|Light twin||1915||2 V||13 bhp (9.5 kW)||2540 mm||Roadster 3 seats (tandem), van 1 seat|
|Light Four||1915||4 row||12 bhp (8.8 kW)||2540 mm||Roadster 2 seats|