Ogren Motor Car Company
Automotive manufacturer of Illinois United States from 1915 to 1923.
Hugo W. Ogren founded the Ogren Motor Car Company in early 1915 in Chicago and built a six-cylinder seven-door touring car , for US $ 2500, -. With a bore of 3.75 in. (95.25 mm) and a stroke of 5.5 in. (139.7 mm), this engine had a displacement of 364.5 cc (5973 cc) with 33.75 HP .The model P was a
In 1916, the company was renamed Ogren Motor Works, Inc. and moved to larger factory buildings in Waukegan. The model P was further developed, but was now also available as a two-seater roadster and seven-seater sedan. Due to financial difficulties, the company was auctioned including buildings on November 22, 1917.
In September 1919 Ogren re-established his company, again under the name Ogren Motor Car Company , in Milwaukee with a capital of US $ 500,000, . From July 1920, there were new Ogren models with six-cylinder engines from Beaver with a capacity of 65 bhp (48 kW) for US $ 3750. The customer only had the choice between two open variants, a "Sport" Phaeton with 4 and a touring car with 7 seats. The first of these vehicles appeared with the same wheelbase as the model P; 1921 was followed by slightly longer chassis in connection with a higher price of US $ 3900.
In 1922, 70 bhp (51 kW) Continental engines replaced the Beaver engines. This is a five-liter engine (bore 3.5 in. (88.5 mm); stroke 5.25 in. (133.4 mm)) , which gave the maximum power of 29.4 hp. Fred G. Smith took over the management of the company in 1922, as Ogren had left the company. Production was discontinued, but until the summer of 1923 there were still Ogren automobiles to buy. In November 1923, the bankruptcy of the company followed.
In total, fewer than 200 vehicles were created.