W. H.McIntyre Automobile Company
The McIntyre Company started as the W. H. Kiblinger Company in 1887, manufacturing buggies. After W. H. Kiblinger's death in 1894, William H. McIntyre purchased the company and began experimenting with automobiles as early as 1897.
In 1906 they began selling high-wheelers with tiller steering and one-cylinder engines under the Kiblinger name. Prices were as low as $250.
1910 McIntyre 20 HP
The company soon grew to occupy a total of five buildings around Auburn, Indiana and employed 400 men. In December 1908, the name was changed to the W. H. McIntyre Co. and the manufacture of buggies and high-wheelers continued, but the line gradually changed to more modern cars and trucks. Trucks of up to 5-ton capacity were offered. McIntyre also had success with its IMP Cyclecar model.
Initially, only highwheelers were on the range. They resembled Kiblinger's models, but they were independent enough to prevent patent litigation.
In 1909 there were vehicles with four different engines. Model F as a four-seater Surrey , Model H as a two-seater buggy, Model I as a two-seater sedan and Model K as a two-seater buggy had a two-cylinder engine , which was indicated with 12/14 hp . The chassis had 177 cm wheelbase . Model G and Model GG were slightly more motorized. Her two-cylinder engine made 16 hp. The wheelbase was 191 cm. They were bodied as four-seater Surrey. Model N as a four-seat runaboutand Model T as four-seater Surrey had the same wheelbase, but a two-cylinder engine with 18.2 hp. In addition, there was the Model M . Its four-cylinder engine was specified with 24/26 hp. The wheelbase measured 282 cm. The construction was a four-seat runabout.
In 1910, the Model A-1 had a two-cylinder engine with 20 hp, 229 cm wheelbase and a construction as a two-seat runabout. Model B-1 differed only by 14 hp engine power and 203 cm wheelbase. Model M-2 as a three-seater runabout, model M-3 as a four-seat touring car and model M-4 as a five-seat touring car had a 30-hp four-cylinder engine and 284 cm wheelbase. Above that ranked model M-10 as runabout, model M-15 as roadster and model M-20 as touring car. They also had a four-cylinder engine, but made 40 hp. The wheelbase measured 292 cm.
In 1911, the Model A-4 was the only model with a two-cylinder engine. He made 20 hp. The wheelbase was 246 cm. The construction was a tonneau . Model A-5 as a four-seat touring car and model T-5 as a two-seater torpedo had a four-cylinder engine with 35 hp and 279 cm wheelbase. Model C-5 had the same engine, but 292 cm wheelbase and offered as a touring car space for five people. Top models were Model M-5 , which existed as both a normal five-seat touring car and a five-seat touring car with front doors, as well as Model T-1as a four-seated torpedo. Their four-cylinder engine made 40 hp. The wheelbase was 318 cm.
In 1912 there was only the model F-12 . The four-cylinder engine made 26 hp. The wheelbase of 290 cm allowed a structure as a five -seater touring car.
Between 1913 and 1914, the Model 6-40 was in the range. It had a six-cylinder engine with 40 hp. The wheelbase was 305 cm. The bodywork was called Limited Touring and was a touring car with five seats.
In 1915, this model was retained. There was also the model 4-25 . It had a 25-horsepower four-cylinder engine, 269 cm wheelbase and was also a five-seat touring car body.