Jewett Motors, Inc. / Paige-Detroit Motor car Co.
The Jewett was an automobile built in Detroit, Michigan by the Paige-Detroit Motor Car Company from March 1922 through December 1926..
The company was founded in December 1921 as a subsidiary of the Paige-Detroit Motor Car Company . The seat was also in Detroit , Michigan . 1922 began the production of automobiles. The brand name was Jewett , named after Harry M. Jewett, President of Paige-Detroit. In January 1927 the production ended.
All vehicles had a six-cylinder engine . First, he had the model Six 82,55 mm bore , 127 mm stroke , 4078 cc displacement and 50 hp power. The chassis had 284 cm wheelbase . In 1922 there were touring cars and sedans , each with five seats.
In 1923 a two-seater roadster and a four-seater coupe were added.
In 1924, the company offered bodies of touring cars and special touring cars with five seats, sedan and special sedan with five seats, brougham with five seats and special roadster with three seats.
1925 there was a special touring cars with five seats, a standard touring car Roadster with five seats, specialty and standard sedan with five seats, special and standard Brougham with five seats and a coupe with three seats.
From 1926 to 1927, the New Day was in the range. He had a six-cylinder engine from the Continental Motors Company . 69.85 mm bore and 120.65 mm stroke gave 2774 cc and 40 hp. The wheelbase was reduced according to one source, not another according to another. The superstructures were five-seater. Called limousine as standard and deluxe as well as a deluxe touring car.
Jewett 1925 roadster
The Jewett was named after Harry M. Jewett, president of Paige-Detroit. After the first 17 months of production approx. 40,000 vehicles were sold. The car was marketed as a Jewett 'Six' a companion to the Paige, the primary product of Paige-Detroit.
Jewett 1924 six coupe
The 1922-24 cars had a 50 h.p. Jewett motor, the 1925 cars had a 55 h.p. Jewett motor and the 1926 cars had a 40 h.p. Continental motor. The last of the vehicles were available with hydraulic brakes.
Jewett 1924 six Bougham
The company was purchased by the Graham Brothers on January 3, 1927 and the Jewett became a Paige, for that year only. The car was then rebadged as a Graham-Paige for 1928 only.
Jewett 1924 six sedan