The Gyroscope was a brass era automobile built in Detroit, Michigan first by the Blomstrom Manufacturing Company in 1908,
and then the Lion Motor Car Company in Adrian, Michigan in 1909. The Gyroscope was so named because of its engine, a horizontal, opposed two-cylinder engine, which had a horizontal flywheel.
The only model was the Griswold . Special feature were attachments for the engine, which should provide a gyroscopic effect for more stability. The patent was purchased from the Griswold Motor Company . The vehicles had a two-cylinder engine, which was stated with 16.2 hp. The wheelbase was 241 cm and the track width142 cm. Available were runabout and touring cars. Page Woven Wire Fence Company and Lion Motor Car Company purchased the propulsion units.
They claimed the vehicle increased stability and prevented skidding with this powertrain setup. Although other companies had this type of layout, the Gyroscope was the only one to claim its stability effect. The 16 hp engine connected to a friction transmission and shaft drive, with three body styles available