Duckhams had assumed a dominant position in supply of lubricants and corrosion inhibitors to the motor industry and other markets.
Behind Castrol, by 1967, it was regarded as the largest independent lubricating oil company in the UK and the third largest supplier of engine oil to motorists, producing the first multigrade oil for motorists.
To cope with demand, a new manufacturing plant was opened in Aldridge, Staffordshire in 1968, shortly before the company was acquired by BP in 1969. Duckhams' Hammersmith site closed in 1979
1963 Motor Show exhibitor. Oils.
First to introduce a multi-grade engine oil, Q20-50.
1967 Was the largest independent lubricating oil company in the U.K and 3rd largest supplier of engine oil to motorists. To cope with substantial increase in demand for motor oil, were planning a new factory in the Midlands that would be paid for by issue of debentures and shares.
1967 Demand for lub oil had been affected by the increase time between services - up from 2000 miles in 1957 to 5000-6000 miles in 1967.
1968 New manufacturing plant opened at Aldridge, Staffs.