SNA Société Neuchâteloise d'Automobiles Boudry, Neuchatel; Switzerland.
From 1903 to 1913
The Société Neuchâteloise d'Automobiles was a Swiss manufacturer of automobiles in the early part of the 20th century . The brand name was SNA.
Fritz Henriod, who previously led Henriod Frères , founded the company in Boudry in 1903 and began producing automobiles. In 1906, the company exhibited several vehicles at the Paris Motor Show . By 1913 ended production.
The first model was the 6/8 HP with a two - cylinder boxer engine provided the drive. The engine was mounted in the front of the vehicle and propelled the rear axle via a cardan shaft . The transmission had four gears. This and all subsequent models had air-cooled engines. In 1905, the models 10/12 HP and 18/20 HPcomplemented the range. The 10/12 HP is referred to in the literature as both a two-cylinder model and a four-cylinder model. The 18/20 HP had a four-cylinder engine.
The prices amounted to 6,000 Swiss francs for the small model, 8,000 Swiss francs for the medium model and 12,500 Swiss francs for the large model. 1907 appeared the four-cylinder model 25/30 HP , whose engine with the cylindric 110 mm bore and 130 mm stroke had 4942 cc capacity . Special feature were laterally controlled intake valves, but exhaust valves with OHV valve control . Also on offer were lorries with chain drive.