Seebacher Maschinenbau AG from 1918 to 1924
The Seebacher Maschinenbau AG was a Swiss company in the field of mechanical engineering and manufacturers of automobiles .
In 1912, Mathias Klüglein took over the company Elevators and Wheel Factory Seebach (ARSAG), founded in 1910 . For the new company, there are both the names Maschinenbau AG and Seebacher Maschinenbau AG . The company headquarters was in Schaffhauserstraße 468 in Seebach . Lifts, car engines, transmissions, machine guns, ammunition and cable cars were offered. in 1918 started the production of automobiles. The brand name was Seebacher . Car production ended in around 1924. In total, a few dozen cars were created. 1924, the company went into liquidation .
Rudolf Egg, who previously founded Egg & Egli and then produced with the help of Fritz Moser Moteurs Moser Automobile under the brand name Egg , was the designer of the vehicles. Initially, the model was further produced by Egg. A four-cylinder engine from Zedel provided the drive. The engine was fitted at the front in the vehicle, driving via a cardan shaft , the rear axle. feature was that the gear mechanism in the transaxle construction method was arranged on the rear axle. In addition, a new model 11 PS , which was also equipped with a four-cylinder engine from Zedel. characteristic was an electric starter .