Rapid Zurich Patent Motor Car Factory Zurich; Switzerland
From 1899 to 1900
The Zurich Patent Motor Car Factory Rapid was a Swiss manufacturer of automobiles from the late part of the 19th century .
The company from Bodmerstr. 7 in Zurich - Enge took over a license from Egg & Egli under the direction of Jacques Syz on April 12, 1899, and began producing automobiles. The brand name was Rapid . End of 1900, production ended after about 100 manufactured copies.
The only model was a 3 wheel car that was based on the tricycle of Egg & Egli, but was revised. The chassis consisted of a tubular frame. For the drive provided a water-cooled single - cylinder engine , which was mounted in mid-engine construction in front of the rear wheel. The power of the engine, which originated in Switzerland and resembled the engines of De Dion-Bouton , was just over 3 hp . The power transmission to the individual rear wheel carried by a belt. The weight was given 280 kg and the maximum design speed of 45 km / h.The new price was 2,500 Swiss francs .