Eugen Kaufmann Tägerwilen Switzerland from 1896 to 1905
Eugen Kaufmann was a Swiss manufacturer of automobiles which started in the late part of the 19th century .
Eugen Kaufmann, who was trained by Bernina Nähmaschinenfabrik and then joined Benz & Cie. was active, founded in 1896 in Tägerwilen the company that bore his name, and began with the production of automobiles. The brand name was Kaufmann . Within a few months, the workforce grew to 20 men. In 1905 the production ended. Kaufmann founded Automobile Millot AG in 1906 .
The first model had a three-cylinder engine . The engine power was transmitted to the drive axle by means of a belt. Later, the model was 12 hp on offer. The choice was chain and friction drive. In addition, the company made a few coaches with 20 seats.