Albar (Alois Barmettler) Kit cars Switzerland from 1978 to 1993
Alois Barmettler was a Swiss manufacturer of automobiles in Buochs Switzerland. The brand name was Albar .
Alois Barmettler, who produced and sold beach buggies under the Beach Buggy brand between 1962 and 1966 , founded the company that bore his name in 1978 in Buochs , and began producing automobiles that were both complete and kits by 1993 ended production. In addition, Barmettler sold vehicles from Custoca in Switzerland.
The company produced buggies and coupes based on the VW Beetle floor pan . First, the original chassis was used. Later, a grid framewas used. The vehicles had plastic bodies. In later years were also replicas of various vehicles such as Ferrari F 40 , Ferrari F 50 , Lamborghini Countach , Porsche 356 and Porsche 959 on offer.
- Albar Jet , 2+2 Coupe
- Albar Sonic , introduced in 1982, coupe with gullwing doors and rear spoiler , which resembled the rear spoiler of the Lamborghini Countach
- Albar Spider , engine of Porsche with 120 HP
- Albar Sonic GT , on the 1984 Geneva Motor Show on display, engine from VW Golf with 1,800 cc engine capacity
- Super Cabriolet , based VW Beetle Cabriolet , Porsche engine, oil cooler , rear spoiler and fender flares
- Albar Sonic , from 1991 with inboard engine from Renault