Car manufacturer Sweden From 1997 on
Jösse Car was a sports car manufacturer founded in 1997 and located in Arvika, Sweden.
They are most famous for creating the 2 seat open top Indigo 3000 car. This car is powered by a Volvo 3 Litre six cylinder engine giving a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph) with drive to the rear wheels. The body is of compositepanels attached to a space frame. The front suspension is a walking beam design with a transverse composite leaf spring and the rear unit is a multilink from Volvo also using a composite transverse spring.
Indigo 3000 specification
|Track fr & rr||1570 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 1000 kg|
|0-100 km/h||Approx 6,5 secs.|
|Top speed||250 km/h (electronically limited)|
|Concept||Front engine behind the front axle, rear wheel drive|
|Engine||6 cylinder, 3 liter, all aluminium, 204 Hp|
|Emissions||3-way catalyst, double lambdasonds, meeting the future EEC-standards, onboard diagnosis|
|Transmission||5 speed manual, aluminium|
|Rear drive||3,73:1, optional 3,54:1 (top speed version), optional speedsensing locking differential|
|Brakes||4 wheel discs, optional ABS|
|Pedal box||Adjusted to the customer|
|Front axle||Double aluminium wishbones, composite transverse spring|
|Rear axle||Double wishbones ("multi-link"), composite transverse spring|
|Steering||Adjustable steering wheel, rack and pinion, optional power-steering|
|Structure||Welded steel space-frame, dip galvanized|
|Wheels||15", optional 16", 17" and 18"|
|Roof||Tonneau is standard, options include two soft tops and a hardtop|
|Seats||Very comfortable, extensively adjustable, cloth upholstery, optional leather|
|Safety||Strong structure including high sills for side impacts, offset crash protection and rollover-bars, optional airbag|
|Options||Extensive, the car is built exactly according to the customers specifications|
- 1993-10 Bengt Lidmalm gets the idea for his own sportscar when visiting the TVR showroom at Earls Court.
- 1994-02 Jösse Car AB was founded, Head office in Arvika.
- 1994-03 Bengt Lidmalm and Sven-Olof Fogelberg starts the construction of the first chassis.
- 1994-10 First prototype presented.
- 1995-early First prototype driven, two more prototypes were built.
- 1995-05 The car passes crash testing at the Swedish VTI institute.
- 1995-06 A decision was made to start series production of the Indigo 3000.
- 1995-09 Engine emissions testing completed.
- 1996-03 Production started 1996-03-01, only 3 cars were built in 1996.
- 1996-06 First car delivered to customer.
- 1996-09 JC Indigo 3000 was awarded "Utmärkt Svensk Form" ('Excellent Swedish Design').
- 1997-10 Unveiling of new factory in Åmål, a total of 12 cars were built in Arvika.
- 1998 Last car built late in 1998.
- 1999-01 Last car delivered to customer 1999-01-11.
- 1999-03 Jösse Car AB was declared bankrupt. A grand total of 44 cars were built.