Subaru Forester Fourth Generation SJ
|Engine||2.0 L H4 2.0 L H4 turbo 2.5 L H4 2.0 L H4 turbodiesel|
|Transmission||6-speed manual Lineartronic CVT|
|Wheelbase||104 in (2,640 mm)|
|Length||181 in (4,595 mm)|
|Width||71 in (1,795 mm)|
|Height||67 in (1,695 mm)|
|Curb weight||3,200 lb (1,440 kg) to 3,500 lb (1,590 kg)|
Changes to the fourth-generation include:
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and decreased towing capacity. Maximum towing capacity was reduced to 1,500 pounds across all trim lines. XT (turbo) variants use a high-torque CVT with steering wheel paddle shifter controls.
- Revised, sport-oriented suspension, wheels (18 inch) and chassis bracing for XT (turbo) variant, providing flatter cornering in turns and better handling overall with little impact on ride.
- Increased fuel economy, up to 32 mpg highway (EPA rated)
- 1.4 inches longer, 0.6 inches wider, 1 inch longer wheelbase
- Increased interior volume: rear seat legroom is 41.7 inches and rear cargo volume (with seats folded down) is 74.7 cubic feet.
- New "X-MODE" AWD control system, which was developed for the driving on uneven or slippery road condition. Engine, Transmission and VDC are controlled cooperatively.
The vehicle was unveiled in 2012 Guangzhou Motor Show, followed by the 2013 New York International Auto Show.
Japan models went on sale in November 2012. Early model includes 2.0i, 2.0i-L, 2.0i-L EyeSight, 2.0i-S EyeSight, 2.0XT (280PS), 2.0XT EyeSight (280PS). 2.0i engine models include 6-speed manual (2.0i, 2.0i-L) or Lineartronic CVT transmission; 2.0XT (280PS) engine models include Lineartronic CVT transmission.
US models went on sale in March 2013 as 2014 model year vehicles. Early models include 2.5i in base, Premium, Limited and top-line Touring versions; 2.0XT (253PS) in Premium and Touring versions. High-line 2014 Forester models equipped with the CVT also feature new Hill Descent Control and a new X-Mode control feature.
|2.0i||2012-||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 (FB20)||148 PS (109 kW; 146 hp) at 6,200, 20.0 kg·m (196 N·m; 145 lb·ft) at 4,200|
|2.5i||2013-||2,498 cc (152.4 cu in) I4 (FB25)||172 PS (127 kW; 170 hp) at 5,800, 24.1 kg·m (236 N·m; 174 lb·ft) at 4,100|
|2.0XT (253PS)||2013-||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 (FA20)||253 PS (186 kW; 250 hp) at 5,600, 35.7 kg·m (350 N·m; 258 lb·ft) at 2,000-4,800|
|2.0XT (280PS)||2012-||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 (FA20)||280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp) at 5,700, 35.7 kg·m (350 N·m; 258 lb·ft) at 2,000-5,600|