Seat Ibiza IV Fourth generation(Type 6J / 6P)
Body versions :
Combi sedan , station wagon
Gasoline: 1.0-1.8 liters
The new Seat Ibiza was presented on May 22, 2008 and based as the VW Polo V on the VW PQ25 / A05 platform. Since June 14, he is sold as a five- and three-door (SC, "Sport Coupé"), at the dealers. The internal name is Seat Ibiza 6J. was presented as a prototype at the Geneva Motor Show in 2007 with the name "Ibiza Bocanegra Concept" .The new model brought to production the stylistic features of the SEAT Tribu prototype , launching a new platform for the Volkswagen Group , which used the Polo V , the Fabia III and the Audi A1. It has 3 different bodies: the three-door version with the SC name "Ibiza Sport Coupé" (code 6J1), the family version is called Ibiza ST (code 6J8), and the classic 5-door version (code 6J5).
The following model lines are offered: Ibiza Reference (basic equipment), Style , Sport , FR (Formula Racing), Cupra(Cup Racing) - only as SC, Ecomotive (diesel with only 3.7 liters consumption, since 2010 3.4 liters, new engine , 1.2 TDI CR) and Color Edition (lumina orange or galia blue) - only as SC.
Since June 2009, there is also a slimmed-down version of the Ibiza SC, which is offered with 44 kW (60 hp) and a little less equipment for the starting price of € 10,990. Since March 2010, there is the special model "Good Stuff" with the 1.4-liter gasoline engine 63 kW (85 hp) and, inter alia, with 16 "alloy wheels (Sonda), which there is only for this special edition.
Since spring 2010, there is the "Bocanegra" package, which is available only for the three-door model variants FR and Cupra. Externally, the Seat Bocanegra ("black muzzle") stands out due to the black grille, the front bumper with integrated fog lights, specially shaped fenders, 17-inch alloy wheels in silver and the modified tail of the normal Ibiza. The name is a nod to the Spanish nickname of the introduced in 1975 Seat 1200 Sport Coupe .
Since July 2010, Ibiza has also offered a combined version called the Ibiza ST. It is about 18 cm longer than the five-door hatchback. According to Seat, this combination variant of the Ibiza is no longer produced since July 2016 and is therefore only available as a used or warehouse and preliminary model. Since early 2011, Ibiza is the Spanish market in the version Spotify offered one of the Reference -Grundausstattung similar version but with a Bluetooth - interface of the radio to iPhones and similar devices. Seat works with telephone providers on the Spanish market. For the first six months, a flat-rate use of Samsung Galaxy mini devices is offered free of charge via a provider . In addition to the Ibiza, there are also vehicles of other series with the Spotify equipment.On March 24, 2012, the revised Ibiza was presented at the Geneva Motor Show . He received a modified front with newly drawn headlights. The interior has also been modified: new fabrics, a modernized dashboard and an enlarged glove box."Sport" and "Cupra" versions temporarily dropped out of the program. There were only the equipment variants Reference, Style and FR. From early 2013, the Ibiza was also available again as a "Cupra" version.
At the Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris, Seat presented a modified Ibiza in autumn 2014, which was on sale from mid-2015.
The changes concerned mostly vehicle parts under the metal sheet, whereby also the internal type designation changed (now 6P). The facelift gave the Ibiza a new suspension with optional adjustment in two hardness levels via the "Sport button". When the sport mode is activated, steering, throttle response and sound (in the interior) of the vehicle also change. In addition, the Ibiza received the facelift, the new Seat brand logo. In the interior now higher quality materials were processed and the buyer, among other things by different color packs more customization allowed. Furthermore, the cockpit has been redesigned: new round instruments with larger multi-function display, a central, 6.5 "screen with a Seat Media System and navigation system with optional FullLink function, and a new multifunction steering wheel.
The Ibiza also received a revised engine range. The smallest available gasoline engine became a single-liter three-cylinder with 55 kW (75 hp), which was available in several stages of development. The 1.2 TSI, as well as the 1.4 TSI was replaced by the 1.0 ecoTSI with 70 kW (95 hp), or 81 kW (110 hp), which is also available with 7-speed DSG. The 1.4 TSI (ACT) FR was later also removed from the program, or was reserved for the big brother Leon.
The Ibiza is available in the equipment variants Reference, Style and FR. In September 2015, a new Cupra version was presented at the IAA. It was now be sold with a revised 1.8 TSI motor (192 hp) 141 kW. The production of the estate version Seat Ibiza ST expired in July 2016, the 3-door model and with it the Cupra end of 2016.With finish: dark lenses, tire pressure sensor, hill start assist function, aluminum-coated brake and gas pedals, 17 "alloy wheels Barcino model, specific bumpers of the Cupra model with color of the bodywork, Cupra logo on the front and rear, central exhaust outlet in the form of a trapeze, electric and heated mirrors in black and with parking position, Cupra suspension, bixenon headlights with AFS and front and rear LED's , Cupra seats, side curtain airbag and SEAT Portable System.
At the end of January 2011 the new commercial generation of the Ibiza was presented, with the Reference finish; the cargo space has increased to 930 liters and equipped with 75 TDI 1.2 TDI engine.
SEAT Ibiza Ellenator, model modified to 3 wheels, as the VW Group offers Polo, Ibiza and Fabia for specific countries
In 2008, the SEAT Ibiza IV conducted crash tests of EuroNCAP and achieved an overall rating of 5 stars:
- Bocanegra (2009): In 2009 began marketing Ibiza Bocanegra ,based on the prototype Bocanegra and available only in body Sport Coupe. It is equipped with the 1.4 TSI engine (mechanical compressor and turbocharger) of 150 and 180 HP in gasoline and 2.0 TDI CR 143 CV in its diesel version 4 . It was available only in 2 colors to choose: white or garnet. The 17 "wheels are called Sira. The 150 hp TSI and 143 hp TDI versions have a side exhaust and FR rear bumper while the 180 hp version has Cupra central exhaust and rear bumper.
- 25 Anniversary (2009): It was presented at the Barcelona Motor Show that year. Available in 1.4 engines of 85 HP and 1.9 TDI of 105 HP with Sport finish and in the SC and 5-door bodies. The equipment includes climate control, dark glasses, 17 "alloy wheels, exterior mirrors with parking position, passenger airbag disconnection and USB and bluetooth connections, all for an additional price of € 384.27 in the case of the diesel engine and 400 € for gasoline, it has an exclusive logo on the outside.
- SC Color Edition (2009): It was characterized by being available only in two colors "used by Lamborghini", the Lumina orange and the blue Galia . The orange is equipped with 17-inch alloy wheels "Saga" aluminum, dark lenses, roof and mirrors with parking position in magical black, Lumina orange paint , interior with inserts in Lumina orange in aerator rings, handles of the doors and ring of the gear knob, spokes of the steering wheel in carbon black and front seats and steering wheel with orange seam Lumina. The blue is equipped with 17-inch alloy wheels "Saga" of aluminum or white, dark lenses, roof and mirrors with white parking position Candy , Galia paint , Candy white calender frame , interior with inserts in blue Gaul in aerator rings, door and rim knob handles, carbon black steering wheel spokes and front seats and blue Galia stitching steering wheel .
- Good Stuff (2010): SEAT sponsored the European tour of Shakira , where he played the song Good Stuff. SEAT used the title for Ibiza, León and Altea. The finishing was the Style or FR and has a wide equipment.
- Copa (2011): Version available for León, Ibiza and Altea. It was applied to two levels of equipment: Reference and Style .
- Tech (2013): Included as the axis of the new range is the SEAT Portable System , which is a removable multimedia equipment with a built-in navigator and other functions such as a five-inch touch screen, which is perfectly integrated into the vehicle's electronic system, hands-free telephony Bluetooth with voice activation, streaming audio streaming , Bluetooth, on-board computer, notebook function and other function it provides is the additional interior lighting at night when getting off the car. The screen also shows warning icons if a door has been left open, and offers a graphic help system for parking.
- 4Kids (2013): Version for the family models of SEAT, including the Ibiza ST. It has a very similar equipment to TECH, and includes a DVD player. It is also available for Altea and Alhambra models.
- I-TECH (2013): This finish is an evolution that replaces the TECH, with better equipment: includes bi-xenon headlights with LED, fog lamps, 15 "alloy wheels, exclusive I-TECH upholstery in leather and fabric blue, electric mirrors, cruise control, leather steering wheel and gear lever, CD-MP3 radio and air conditioning.
- FR 10 Years (2013): The special package for the 10 years of the FR model was presented in Wörthersee, which includes 17 "wheels in black and silver, as well as a spoiler on the roof and sills and hoods of the exterior mirrors painted on titanium color The body of this Ibiza SC FR is lowered slightly, and comes equipped with the brake system of the Ibiza Cupra.
- 30th Anniversary (2014): The bodywork of the 3-door model ( SC ) is characterized by having black wheels and mirrors. It has LED headlights. It has a rear view camera integrated in the interior mirror, which is a novelty in the equipment. The model may vary from one country to another.
- Ocean (2014): This special edition is exclusively for the Canary Islands market .
- Manrique (2015): Edition that honors the old interpretation of the edition designed by César Manrique in 1987, and reissued by Cabrera Medina, for this special series limited to 96 copies, exclusive for the Canary Islands market .
- Connect (2015): Replaces the I-TECH edition: the interior has exclusive upholstery, and the name of this edition is due to the connectivity system with the included mobile, due to the agreement that SEAT made with Samsung.
- FR Crono (2016): Special edition under the FR finish; Unlike the FR version, it has different tires and the option to combine them in gray and red.
- Full Connect (2017): It is the farewell edition of the fourth generation of the Ibiza, highlighted by a small red round logo on the door pillar, 15 '' Marsala alloy wheels, the Full Link, and the infotainment on board called SEAT Media System Plus . Mounts the engines 1.0 TSI 75 HP and 1.4 TDI 90 HP.
- David Guetta : SEAT teamed up with French DJ David Guetta to raise funds for Rêves, an association that helps children with serious illnesses. The result of that alliance was an exclusive SEAT Ibiza Sport Coupé, which was auctioned on eBay through a bid made between October 2 and 12, 2008. Matte black reigns throughout the body, to match the new 17-inch wheels , the tinted windows and the Sport finish. Inside, black continues to dominate in the leather upholstery with the DJ's name embroidered. The engine was the 1.9 TDi of 105 HP.
- SC Sport Limited : It was a limited edition of 300 units for the German market, with numerical identification plate. Only sold with the 1.6i 16v 105 HP engine. It stands out for its more sporty aesthetics and a very complete equipment. They emphasize the alloy wheels of 17 inches in black, sports bumpers and heel, roof, rims and mirrors painted in black, chromed exhaust tail, wider tires, sports pedals, numbered plate in interior, decorative details in orange and exterior paint in orange Lumina .
- Black Limited Edition : It was an exclusive finish for the English market. It is based only on the body of five doors with the 1.4-liter petrol engine, which develops 85 hp of power, and has the Sport finish. Starting from this configuration, it differs in certain external features, starting with its special paint in black and an aerodynamic package completed by differentiated bumpers at both longitudinal ends, as well as a slightly more pronounced roof spoiler and classic alloy wheels. of 17 ".
- Cupra R210 Swiss Racing by Fredy Barth : It was an exclusive finish for the Swiss market. Specifically this model has received a mechanical update of ABT, a well-known preparer that, among other things, raised the power of the Ibiza to 210 horses, that is, 30 more horses than the normal version. Even so, the 30 extra horses may not be the most remarkable, since this limited edition has been added certain elements such as: leather upholstery for the entire interior, heated seats, automatic climate control, sound equipment with MP3, USB port , parking sensors, visibility package and speed control, all included as standard.
- Cupra R13 (2013): Made for Switzerland with details of ABT, such as the 210 HP engine. It is an evolution of the Cupra R210 Swiss Racing.
- Black and White (2013): It is a limited edition of 400 units for France , and is distinguished by a design of contrasts, playing with black and white. The Ibiza Black & White takes the characteristics of the FR and adds as standard white paint, alloy wheels of 17 "in two shades (anthracite and diamond), carbon mirrors, black roof, front and rear LED headlights, the Ibiza logo with tones black and white and interior with "carbon" finish.
- CUPRA with decorative kit (2013): At the Bratislava Motor Show that year, an Ibiza Cupra was presented with a special decorative kit in white, with the front in black carbon vinyl imitating what could be a new Bocanegra, with mirrors, sprat and side bands in orange.
- Black Line (2013): Special edition for France.
- Bike Edition (2013): Limited edition of 250 units for Mexico . It incorporates two supporting bars to the roof and a bicycle carrier.
- Touch (2014): Exclusive edition for the United Kingdom. Equip the engine 1.4 85 HP. Its main feature is the exterior design with black details on the bumpers, mirrors, rims and a Viper type lines that come from the hood to the trunk.
- FR Edition (2014): Exclusive edition for the United Kingdom . Only available with 1.4 TSI 140 hp petrol engine, with ACT cylinder disconnect technology. As exclusive equipment it has: red safety belts, red brake calipers, 17-inch titanium-colored alloy wheels, titanium exterior mirrors , and climate control and tinted rear windows.
- FR Red Pack (2016): Limited edition for the Mexican market. It is very similar to the FR Edition of the English market but with some different tires, also in red along with the mirrors and calender in that same color too.
- FR Red Edition (2017): Farewell version of the FR Edition as a limited edition for the English market; unlike the FR Edition , this brings the carcasses of the mirrors and the frame of the calender in red.
- FR Dashboard (2012): It was presented at the Treffen GTI event in Wörthersee ( Austria ). Painted in white Nevada , takes 17-inch wheels in black and silver polished, exterior mirrors and brake calipers painted in red, and an expanded rear spoiler, which together with multiple details in red dominate the interior.
- Cupster Concept (2014): To celebrate the 30th anniversary, a design created on the platform of the Ibiza Cupra was presented at Wörthersee. Convertible, in an orange color, and with a 2-seater roadster line very similar to the line that had the SEAT Tango .
In 2012 (2013 for Mexico), the SEAT Ibiza was restyled (code 6P); the changes were mainly in the front optical groups, In addition, it included a new multimedia system called SEAT Portable System . This new version of the Ibiza arrived at the dealerships in the spring of 2012 with prices starting from 12,000 euros.At the Motor Show in Barcelona , in 2015, a small update is presented where it is renewed with new tires and the option of personalization in some details. The interior is renewed with a new multifunction screen for GPS, temperature control regulated by the air conditioner and with the appearance of a new finish called Connect , fruit of the agreement with Samsung , which provides connectivity improvements between the mobile device and the vehicle. Furthermore, for new engines they include standard Euro 6.
At launch, the gasoline engines of the Ibiza were a three-cylinder inline of 1.2 liters and 69 hp, a four-cylinder in line of 1.4 liters and 85 hp and a four-cylinder in line of 1.6 liters and 105 hp, all of them atmospheric and with indirect injection and four valves per cylinder.
The diesel was a three-cylinder in line of 1.4 liters and 80 hp and a four-cylinder 1.9-liter and 90 or 105 hp, in all cases with turbocharger and direct injection with power by injector - pump. As of 2009 the 1.9 TDI of 90 and 105 CV is replaced by the 1.6 TDI (CR) of the same powers but with the use of the common-rail .
The TDI 1.6 engines between 2009 and 2015 with code EA189 in the Euro 5 regulations were affected by the Dieselgate .
- In 2010 marketing begins Ibiza FR, that equips the 1.4 TSI (mechanical compressor and turbocharger) 150 hp and 2.0 TDI CR 145 hp. 15 The available transmissions are two: for the diesel, 6-speed manual and for the petrol, the 7-speed DSG .
- As of 2011 , the 1.6 16v engine of 105 HP was replaced by a 1.2 TSI of the same power, and it was expected that in the not too distant future the 1.4 of 85 HP would run the same fate but with a power of 85 HP . A version with 2.0 engine and 115 HP is available exclusively for the Mexican market.
- In 2009 began the commercialization of the Ibiza Cupra, only available in Sport Coupé body , which equipped the engine 1.4 TSI (mechanical compressor and turbocharger) of 180 HP and 240 Nm of torque . The only planned transmission is a 7-speed DSG.
- In 2010 the SEAT Ibiza ST ( S port T ourer), with a family body, with almost 200 mm longer, began to be commercialized , based on the IBZ Concept
- In 2012 the SEAT Ibiza was restyled, mainly in the front optical groups, and a smaller calender was added. In addition, it included a new multimedia system called Portable Media System . This new version came to the dealerships in the spring of 2012, with prices starting from 12,000 euros.
- In 2013 , a new LPG engine was offered; It was 1.6 with 82 HP.
Technical data overview
Engines: Gasoline engines : 1.0-1.8 liters (44-141 kW) Diesel engines : 1.2-2.0 liters (55-105 kW)
Weight: Three doors: 974-1172 kg Five doors: 999-1120 kg
Length: 4034-4227 mm
Width: 1693 mm
Height: 1428-1445 mm
Wheelbase : 2469 mm