Seat Ibiza III Third generation (Type 6L)
Body versions :
Gasoline: 1.2-2.0 liters
The third generation of the Seat Ibiza (6L), released in November 2001 for model year 2002, is based on the platform PQ24 / A04 of the parent company Volkswagen like the Polo 9N and the Škoda Fabia I , but is a little bigger and more sportive. The Fabia came on the market in front of the Polo 9N; its platform was designed by Škoda as a "development service provider" for Volkswagen. The Ibiza is available as well as the Polo as a three- and five-door, the Škoda Fabia only as a five-door.
In June 2006, the Ibiza received a facelift, including the front bumper with separate air intakes and slightly darker taillights. It grew in size and equipment options compared to the previous model, and was slightly redesigned in 2006.
The sport versions Cupra and FR were created on this generation, both in TDI and gasoline versions, which in some markets were the most demanded Ibiza despite its higher price. Between 2002 and 2007, 1,084,989 units of the SEAT Ibiza III had been sold.
- Commercial (2006): It is the commercial version of the Ibiza, configured for 838 liters of capacity. It has a dividing wall behind the front seats, a flat load surface, upholstered cover and sheet metal to replace the rear side windows. Its maximum authorized weight is 1,570 kg, and a maximum towable of 1,000 kg. It is equipped with the 1.4 TDI 70 HP engine, with a consumption of 6 liters in the city, 4.2 liters in the intercity route and 4.8 liters in the mixed cycle. It benefits from all the latest version novelties, incorporating as standard the ABS + MSR, dual braking system, three-point pyrotechnic safety belts with load limiter, anti-theft immobilizer, adjustable height and depth steering wheel, electrohydraulic assisted steering and 4 speakers with radio pre-installation.
- Vision (2004): On the Sport finish, the Vision incorporates xenon headlights, 16-inch alloy wheels, exterior mirrors and painted body handles in body color, beverage holder in the center console as standard, Cruise control, rain sensor, radio CD sound system with six speakers and exclusive upholstery. It is offered only with 1.4 engines of 100 hp, 2.0 of 115 hp and 1.9 TDI of 100 hp.
- Guapa (2006): It was a limited series of 2,000 units. In addition, as part of their group sponsorship, La Oreja de Van Gogh presented on May 31 its tour Guapa Tour SEAT 2006 at the Madrid Motor Show . It takes the 1.9 TDI engine of 100 HP, available in 3 doors as well as 5 doors. The equipment includes CD radio with MP3, USB connection to play external MP3 sources, Bluetooth, remote control and 128 MB USB memory pen drive. Externally it is distinguished by the alloy wheels of 16 ", while the available colors are emotion red, magical black, moon gray, anniversary blue and rain blue . Includes the Guapa CD as a gift and a DVD with a code to use it on the website of La Oreja de Van Gogh.
- Ibiza Joya Racer (Exclusive for Switzerland): This version has the first aerodynamic kit that came out for the model, which includes bumpers, sills and the interior of the body color headlights.
- Ibiza Amaro (Germany).
- Vaillante : The SEAT Ibiza Vaillante is a prototype based on the SEAT Ibiza of the third generation. It was designed by the firm's new designer, Luc Donckerwolke(from Lamborghini ), for a comic by Michel Vaillant , a fictional automobile pilot. It was presented at the Geneva Motor Show in 2006. One of the highlights of this prototype is its blue paint with a completely matte finish, similar to the French competition blue, a color widely used in Michel Vaillant's comics. Its engine is a four-cylinder with 1.8 liters and turbochargerthat develops a power of 240 CV. The Ibiza Vaillante only has two seats; in the space where the rear seat would normally go, it carries the spare wheel, fire extinguishers and hollows to store helmets. Has wheels with 19 inches in diameter and 8.5 inches in width, and uses 235/35 R 19 tires.
- MPV : In the year 2001, SEAT began to develop on the PQ24 platform a new variant of the Ibiza, in the form of a small-sized minivan. Designed by Walter Da Silva, the prototype reflected design lines that would take the future Altea, with features very similar to the prototypes SEAT Salsa and Tango . It had a battle of 2460 mm; of length measured 4010 mm, the width was of 1698 mm and an acceptable trunk that would be around the 320 liters. In the plan of motorizations, according to the project would enter in gasoline the 1.2 of 12v and 64 CV, a 1.4 of 75 CV and 100 CV; on the other hand, in diesel the 1.9 SDI of 64 HP, 1.4 TDI of 75 HP and the 1.9 TDI of 100 HP. Finally, the project was discarded and would remain as a discarded prototype.
The SEAT Ibiza III conducted crash tests of EuroNCAP in 2002 and achieved an overall rating of 4 stars:
FR and Cupra
The Ibiza FR ( F ormula R acing), the successor of the initially available Ibiza Sport combines sporty components and more powerful motorization with comfort features. Together with the model Stylance , the FR offers the most special equipment for the Ibiza.
Cupra stands for Cup Racing and, since the guy was introduced in the second (6K) generation of the Seat Ibiza, designates the sportiest models in Seat production. From the Cupra (Type 6K) there was a special edition Competition Rally Cup, a small series of 30 pieces, which were built for the purpose of hosting the Seat Ibiza Rally Cup (Seat / Sport Erwin Weber GmbH). Currently only from the Seat Leonand Seat Ibiza Cupra models available, in the GP 01 there was also a Cordoba Cupra, of which, however, only small quantities were produced. They are characterized by more aggressive styling, stronger engines and sporty-comfortable equipment. The standard equipment of the Cupra models exceeds that of the FR variants. The most powerful engines available for the Seat Ibiza Cupra deliver 118 kW / 160 hp (diesel) and 132 kW / 180 hp (gasoline engine).
Technical details overview
Engines: Gasoline engines : 1.2-2.0 liters (40-132 kW) Diesel engines : 1.4-1.9 liters (47-118 kW)
Length: 3953 mm
Width: 1698 mm
Height: 1441 mm
Wheelbase : 2460 mm
Curb weight : 1015-1267 kg
- Anti-lock braking system with electronic brake force distribution and brake assist
- Airbag (driver and passenger side)
- Side airbag for driver and front passenger
- Electronic immobilizer
- Power steering (electrohydraulic, speed-controlled)
- Central locking with radio remote control