Russian Automotive manufacture Leningrad,Russia From 1933
The Red Putilov Works Factory From the late 1920s. With the help Ford Of America, to mass-produce the 'Fordson' tractor under licence,
from the winter of 1924 until the end of 1931.
During which a extensive expansion programme was to be planed so the plant could be equipped to build passenger cars as well as tractors in far greater numbers than before.
The new automotive facility built in 1932 was transformed and capable of production of some 1000 units annually.
In late 1932 when production began,with both tractor and automobile output.
With help from General Motors Corporation. and Henry Ford. Design came from the latest Buick Series 90 model, with the straight-eight engine.
The design as a limousine, and the eight.Cylinder Buick valxein-head power unit was, state of the art for the time.
With 5.7 litres, bhp rating of 104. Maximum speed of the 73mph.
The engine and transmission units were identical except that the L-1 had a bore measurement 4.5mm greater than the Buick's 79.5mm.
The engine was later used in the ZIS 101 limousine from 1936.
The Body styling had simularity to the Packard 464 Of 1931, but With side-mount spare wheels. The road wheels were Packard
style, made for the American firm by the Detroit Pressed Steel.