Russian Automotive manufacture Moscow,Russia From 1916 to 1931
The factory was founded in 1916 as AMO, Russian Автомобильное Московское Общество (АМО)—Moscow Automotive Society).
Because of the October Revolution and the subsequent Russian Civil War it took until 1 November 1924 to produce the first vehicle, the AMO-F-15.
The Amo light truck was the first vehicle to be completely designed and built in the Soviet Union.
The was also A few heavy-looking touring cars were built on the same chassis, which was powered by a 35bhp 4-cylinder engine.
In 1931 the factory was re-equipped and expanded with the help of the American A.J. Brandt Co., and changed its name to Automotive Factory No. 2 Zavod Imeni Stalina (ZIS or ZiS).