Plymouth Prowler Specification from 1997 to 2002
1997 to 2002
Body versions :
Gasoline :3.5 liters
The Plymouth Prowler is a sports car that was built from 1997 to 2001 by the US automaker Chrysler . The name of the vehicle is derived from the English word "to prowl" (roam). After the parent company had abandoned the Plymouth brand in 2001, the car was offered in 2001 and 2002 as Chrysler Prowler .
Plymouth Prowler History
The Prowler was a retro design tribute to the classic American homebuilt hot rod . It was powered by the well-known from the LH platform of Chrysler 3.5-liter V6 engine with 24 valves, which made 160 kW (217 hp). The associated four-speed automatic was, unlike the sedans, in transaxle design on the rear axle and was connected via a rotating engine speed propeller shaft to the engine.
Production began in March 1997 in the factory where the Dodge Viper was manufactured. The equipment included two airbags, side impact protection, keyless entry, power windows and door locks,alarm system, CD audio system with seven speakers and an automatic hood. The accessories program included a Prowler-designed trailer for carrying luggage; the Prowler himself had no trunk. All copies of the first series were painted in Prowler violet.
In the spring of 1998 began the production of Prowlers the second generation, which had the high-performance version of the 3.5-liter engine with 188 kW (256 hp).To start the Prowler Chrysler had a model of the car made of amethyst . The model had about 9,600 carats; in addition, 450 grams of white gold were used.For the 100th anniversary of the city of Tulsa , Oklahoma in 1998, a Prowler was buried as a time capsule in a concrete coffin. Its opening is scheduled for 2048.
- Class:Sports car
- Body style:2-door roadster
- Drive: Rear-wheel-drive
- Platform: Chrysler PR platform
- Engine:3.5 L EGG V6
- Power:160-188 kW
- Transmission:4-speed 42LE automatic
- Wheelbase: 113.3 in (2,878 mm)
- Length: 165.3 in (4,199 mm)
- Width: 76.5 in (1,943 mm)
- Height: 50.9 in (1,293 mm)
- Curb weight: 2,800 lb (1,270 kg)
- 0-60 mph 1997 model 0-60 mph (0–97 km/h): 7.2 seconds, 1999–2002 model(0–97 km/h): 5.9 seconds
- Top speed: 1997 model 118 mph (190 km/h) limited, 1999–2002 model 126 mph (203 km/h) limited
- Wheels Front: 17"x7",Rear: 20"x10"
- Tires: Front: 225/45 HR17, Rear: 295/40 HR20
- Brakes F/R: composite 11" vented disc / 13" vented disc
- Prowler violet metallic (1591 pieces)
- Prowler Yellow (1597 pieces)
- Prowler Black (1912 pieces)
- Prowler Red (1576 pieces)
- Woodward Edition (two-color paint in red / black, 153 pieces)
- Prowler Silver Metallic (1460 pieces)
- Black Tie Edition (two-color paint in black / silver, 168 pieces)
- Orange pearl effect (1041 pieces)
- Mulholland Edition (midnight blue pearl effect, 1281 pieces)
- Inkagold pearl effect (616 pieces)
- Dark red pearl effect (301 pieces)
- Conner Avenue Edition (High Voltage Blue Pearl Effect, just one copy)
Built: By model years:
- 1997: 457
- 1998: 0
- 1999: 3921
- 2000: 2746
- 2001: 3142
- 2002: 1436
A total of 11,702 pieces, plus 1367 pendants in various colors.