Australian car manufacturers North Unley,Australia from 1916 to 1922
HC Carter was an Australian manufacturer of automobiles .
Clifton Carter, a cousin of Charles W. Nash , from North Unley near Adelaide, began production of automobiles and stationary engines in 1916 . The brand name was Carter . In 1920, he exhibited two vehicles at the first Adelaide Motor Show .By 1922 production ended.
The first vehicle of 1916 was a cycle car . A chassis made of wood forming the base. With a 7 HP engine powered the drive axle via belts.
In the same year, another vehicle with 11 hp engine power was registered.
In 1917, a similar motorized roadster for personal use.
In 1920, a vehicle with an engine for which 8.7 horsepower .
In 1920 two cars were produced for the Adelaide Motor Show . They had four-cylinder - monobloc engines with Overhead valves , 11.9 hp and 1525 cc engine capacity . The carburettors came from Zephyr .
The gearbox had three gears. The wheelbase of the two vehicles differed. The shorter one had 2616 mm wheelbase and the longer 2768 mm.
The last vehicle in 1922 was a cycle car with a tubular frame, air-cooled OHV engine with 8 hp and belt drive.