NSU Type 6/60 supercharged
|6/60 hp compressor|
|Class :||race car|
|Body versions :||Phaeton|
|Engines:||Gasoline engine :
1.5 liters (44 kW)
|Wheelbase :||2850 mm|
|Curb weight :||830 kg|
The NSU 6/60 hp compressor was the second car that the Neckarsulmer Fahrzeugwerke Aktiengesellschaft built only for racing use. This vehicle was completely redeveloped and was the first six-cylinder model of the manufacturer. It replaced the 5/15 hp compressor and was built in 1925 and 1926.
The engine was a six-cylinder in- line engine with a displacement of 1482 cc (bore × stroke = 59.1 mm × 90 mm), side valves in an L-cylinder head and a Roots compressor . This made 60 hp (44 kW) at 3800 / min. The engine had pressure circulation lubrication and magneto ignition with automatic spark timing. The crankshaft was mounted four times. The force was an oil-immersed cone clutch, a separate four-speed transmission with means circuit and a propeller shafttransmitted to the rear wheels. The Roots compressor was powered by the transmission. The bevel gears of the differentialwere spiral-toothed. The wheelbase of the car was 2850 mm, its track gauge 1250 mm and its weight: 830 kg. The top speed was about 175 km / h.
In 1925 NSU participated in the prototype of this car at the International Taunus Race and won the overall victory of the 450 km race. Driver was August Momberger . One year later at the German Grand Prix on the AVUS in Berlin NSU achieved a quadruple victory in the class up to 1500 cc. Class victories were 1926 in several other races, z. B. at the Solitude in Stuttgart , achieved. Thus, the 6/60 hp compressor was the most successful racing car of the NSU works.
From the 6/60 hp compressor in 1928 the first six-cylinder production vehicle of the manufacturer was developed, the 6/30 hp .
One of the AVUS racing cars from 1926, No. 32, was later sold to a private person in Berlin, who had it provided with a lighting system and 1932 allowed for road traffic. Even before the Second World War , he dismantled the vehicle with the intention of restoring it. In this condition, there were 1945 Russian soldiers who wanted to requisition it for their army. They realized, however, that they would probably have been unable to put it back together, and so remained the "parts collection" in Germany. At the end of December 1965, the owner sold the now restored and rebuilt vehicle to the factory and received a brand new NSU Type 110 .