Nissan Skyline V37
|Also called||Nissan Skyline Hybrid Infiniti Q50|
|Assembly||Tochigi, Tochigi, Japan|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Layout||Front engine, rear-wheel drive / four-wheel drive|
|Platform||Nissan FM platform|
|Engine||3.5 L VQ35HR V6 with HM34 electric motor|
|Wheelbase||2,850 millimetres (112 in)|
|Length||4,790 millimetres (189 in)|
|Width||1,820 millimetres (72 in)|
|Height||1,440 millimetres (57 in) - 1,450 millimetres (57 in)|
The all new Nissan Skyline V37 debuted as Infiniti Q50 at 2013 Detroit Auto Show. The Japanese version will go on sale in February 2014.
The V37 is an another major turning point for the nameplate, making the return of the iconic ATTESA-ETS four-wheel-drive system for all 350GT FOUR models, discontinuation of petrol-only models (previous generation versions were all petrol-only models) and manual transmission, and the debut of electric-petrol hybrid powertrain. All models use the long-running VQ35HR engine coupled with HM34 electric motor.
Unlike previous Skyline, the V37 Skyline wears Infiniti emblem instead of Nissan badge, however, the same emblem was removed on the rear, replaced by the "Skyline" badge. Although this was the first brand change since 1968, however, the V37 Skyline will still be officially called as Nissan Skyline.
It is unconfirmed if other body styles will go on sale.
- 350GT HYBRID – 3.5 L VQ35HR V6, 306 PS (225 kW, 350 Nm)
- 350GT HYBRID Type P – 3.5 L VQ35HR V6, 306 PS (225 kW, 350 Nm)
- 350GT HYBRID Type SP – 3.5 L VQ35HR V6, 306 PS (225 kW, 350 Nm)
- 350GT FOUR HYBRID – 3.5 L VQ35HR V6, 306 PS (225 kW, 350 Nm) 4WD
- 350GT FOUR HYBRID Type P – 3.5 L VQ35HR V6, 306 PS (225 kW, 350 Nm) 4WD
- 350GT FOUR HYBRID Type SP – 3.5 L VQ35HR V6, 306 PS (225 kW, 350 Nm) 4WD