Mercedes-Benz M 136 petrol engine
|Previous model:||M 1xx|
The M 136 is a gasoline engine from Mercedes-Benz .
This came in 1936 in the vehicle series W 136 (model 170 V) and W 28 (model 170 H) on the market and it was further developed after the war. Successor was the M 121 .
The W 136 was built until 1953, and the engine M 136 was built until 1957 in the model 180 of the successor type W 120 . Then the 180 was equipped with a throttled version of the M 121. The M 136 was also used in the W 191 .
The M 136 is water-cooled ( thermostat without short circuit) and side-controlled . The valves are arranged standing on the right side in a row. The triple crankshaft and connecting rods are forged from steel. The camshaft is driven by a double roller chain. The engine initially had a riser carburetor (Solex 30 BFLVS), and later in the models 170 S / Sb (W 191) and in the 180 (W 120) a downdraft carburettor (Solex 32 PBJ).
The displacement was initially 1697 cm³ (bore 73.5 mm, stroke 100 mm). In 1950 he was increased to 1767 cc (75 mm bore), and thus the power of 38 to 45 hp. In the models 170 S / Sb he made 52 hp. All versions were compacted at 6.5: 1.