Acme Cadillac Model B truck history
|Vehicle technical details|
|Manufacturer:||Cadillac Acme Auto Truck Co.|
|Production:||1915 to 1923|
|Body and chassis|
|Pay load:||0.7-1.0 ton|
|Engine and Powertrain|
|Drive:||rear wheel drive|
|Engine Type:||Continental four-cylinder|
|Engine power:||30 bhp (22.4 kW)|
|Brakes:||double rear end|
|Fuel:||Petrol Rayfield carburetor|
|Tyres:||Solid 34 inches|
|Weights and Dimensions|
The Cadillac Model B , from 1917 Acme Model B , was from 1915 to about 1923 produced, American trucks . Manufacturer was initially the Cadillac Auto Truck Company in Cadillac , Wexford County Michigan which traded in 1919 at the latest as Acme Motor Truck Company . Model B was the smallest model in the program.
The Cadillac Auto Truck Company was founded in 1915 and under the brand name Cadillac commercial vehicles of the then light and medium power class with payloads of 0.75 to 3.5 . ton. The 1 ton Model B was replaced in 1924 by the Acme Model 20L . This was also a Eintonner, the wheelbase was unchanged 130 inches with 110 inch load space.
Cadillac and Acme consistently used four-cylinder in - line engines from Continental until 1927 . Model B received a water-cooled four-cycle engine in monoblock design with 192.4 ci (3153 cc) capacity , calculated from a cylinder bore 3.5 inches (88.9 mm) and a 5 inch (127.0 mm) stroke . The power was 30 bhp (22.4 kW), power was 19.6 HP.
The thermosiphon cooling was supported by a water pump and the lubrication was carried out by an oil pump in a centrifugal process . Acme used a Rayfield - carburetor and Eisemann variable spark- magneto ignition . For all Acme trucks, power was transmitted by means of a three-speed manual transmission with reverse gear, a Borg & Beck single-disc dry clutch and drive shaft to the Timken rear axle, where it was distributed by means of a worm gear . Modern was the arrangement of shifter and hand brake lever centered in the vehicle instead of outside.
The box frame was a 4.5 inch (11.4 cm) heat treated steel section. The wheelbase was 130 inches (3302 mm), the track front and rear 56 inches (1422 mm). The vehicle had rigid axles in front and behind from Timken. The front was forged. The rear axle was designed for full-floating , d. H. The force-transmitting half-waves are largely freed of rolling forces by rolling bearings and wheel hub . Both were hung on Halbelliptik leaf spring packages.
The vehicle had a worm steering and was a left-hand drive, Hand and foot brakes acted on drums on the rear axle. The above illustration shows a vehicle with artillery wheels . The tire dimension was 34 x 3 inches from and 34 x 4 inches at the back.