Lloyd Cars History
|Headquarters||Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England|
|Key people||Roland Lloyd|
Lloyd Cars Ltd was a British motor manufacturer, founded by Roland Lloyd (1904–65), son of a garage owner, and based in Patrick Street, Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England between 1936 and 1951.
Two models were made, separated by World War II; the company was unusual for a small manufacturer in making nearly all components in-house. After car production ceased the company continued in general engineering until 1983. During World War II the company made components for Rolls-Royce Merlin aircraft engines.
About 15 Lloyd cars are thought to survive
The make had no connection with North German Automobile and Engine company which made cars under a different Lloyd brand between 1906 and 1914 and between 1950 and 1963.