IFA H3 Truck
|Manufacturer:||VEB HORCH Automotive and Engine Works Zwickau|
|Engines:||Gasoline engine :
4.2 liters (74 kW)
|Perm. Total weight:||6.9 t|
The H3 ( H orch 3 tons ) was a truck , which was manufactured after the Second World War from 1947 to 1949 in the Zwickau Horch -Werk (now VEB HORCH motor vehicle and engine works Zwickau ).
The H3 was largely based on the design documentation of 1941 in the Siegmar (formerly Wanderer ) of Auto Uniondeveloped truck AU 1500 with 1.5 t payload, which had not gone into production. It was not until 1951 presented successor H3A was the first independently developed truck of the GDR. The H3A already differs externally through its typical Langhauber cabin.
Mainly the H3 from vehicle parts from the war production of the Sd.Kfz. 11 made. In this way, 852 trucks. With the consumption of essential parts came the end of production of the H3.
The biaxial H3 has rear-wheel drive . The truck is a semi-handlebar or Kurzhauber (truck with a short "snout").
- Type: Maybach HL 42 ( H och l eistungsmotor, 4.2 l, gasoline engine )
- Type: six-cylinder - inline engine
- Bore × stroke : 90 mm × 110 mm
- Displacement : 4198 cm³
- Power: 74 kW (100 hp) at 3000 min -1
- Alternator: 12V, 130W
- Cooling: water
Power transmission Dimensions.
- Clutch: two-disc dry clutch
- Transmission: unsynchronised, 4-speed + mountain gear + 1 reverse gear; Gear thrust gear with ball connection
- Final drive: simply translated rear axle
- U-section frame
- Front suspension: live axle, leaf springs
- Rear suspension: live axle, leaf springs
- Steering: mechanical
- Brake system: 4-wheel brake servo-mechanical, mechanical parking brake
- Wheelbase: 3000 mm
- Gauge: 1650/1642 mm
- Overall dimensions: 5945 mm × 2300 mm × 2420 mm (L × W × H, height above cab)
- Tires: 190-20 or 7.50-20
- Vehicle mass: 3900 kg
- permissible total mass: 6900 kg
- Permissible payload: 3000 kg
- Top speed: 65 km / h
- Tank capacity: 100 l